'We' - Builders in the Community Limited (Company Number: 7327609) whose registered office is at Nightingale House, 46/48 East Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 1HQ.
'Member(s)' - general building companies, specialist companies and trades people registered with us.
'Your Information' - any information you provide to us when using our website or services.
We respect customers and Member's privacy and are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK Government's regulatory body.
We do not share personal information with organisations or individuals not connected with our service.
Personal Data Collected
We only collect, store and use information necessary to provide the best possible service to our customers and Members. You can browse our website and use elements of our service without providing any personal information to us.
We collect Members' contact details, profile and competency information.
For Case Studies provided as part of the vetting process, Members provide customer contact details, so we may contact the customer if required.
Customers can search for builders and tradespeople in their community without providing any personal information. Customers who wish to connect with one or more of our members and use our service must register and provide us with their name and contact details.
We collect customer's job/project requirements and Customer Review information.
We may monitor and record communications for quality control and training purposes.
Our website's cookies use an ID number and token string to identify repeat users. Personal details are not stored in our cookies.
How We Use Personal Data
We may use the contact information provided to contact you.
- We check the accuracy of Your Information and use it for vetting purposes.
- We use Your Information to market your services to customers.
- Please note, visitors to our website are able to view your profile, case studies and Customer Reviews without registration.
- We may use Your Information in support of a registered customer's query/complaint and where necessary to uphold our terms and conditions.
- Your job/project details are used to match your requirements with the competencies of builders and tradespeople in your community.
- We only pass your contact details to our members who you have selected to quote.
We may disclose your personal information if compelled to do so by law, or in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a law enforcement or government agency.
Anonymised and statistical information may be used by us or one of our commercial partners for business planning purposes.
Personal Data We Retain
- We retain your personal data for as long as you remain a member with us.
- We retain payment records and supporting information for a minimum of two years and a maximum of six years following the end of the financial year to which they relate.
- If your account is unused for one year, we will contact you and ask if you wish to remain a registered customer. If requested, we will then remove you from our database. Unless there is a specific requirement to retain Your Information longer, if we receive no response and your account remains inactive for a further six months, we will then remove Your Information from our database following a short notice period.
- Anonymised and statistical information may be retained for more than 18 months.
Keeping Your Personal Data Secure
We have in place physical, electronic and managerial systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access and as far as practicable ensure the accuracy, proper use and protection of your personal information.
To ensure that sensitive data is transmitted to and from our server securely, we use the latest 256-bit SSL encryption technology. Additional security is provided through password encryption, a dedicated firewall and strict internal procedures for accessing personal information.
For registered customers and Members, on request and following proof of identity, we will provide a copy of Your Information we hold. For this service we reserve the right to charge a fee to cover administrative costs.
At any stage, we will consider removal of Your Information from our records. Requests will not be unreasonably denied.