What we do
We are an information service dedicated to connecting you or your business with competent builders and tradespeople in your community.
Why come to us?
- Represents the most powerful decision making tool available to you on the internet
- Is free to customers
- There is no commitment or obligation to use our service at any stage
- Can save you time, money and stress
- Is effective, simple and easy to use
- Is comprehensive and professional
- Your search is tailored to your specific job / project requirements
- Is entirely focused on connecting you with competent builders and tradespeople
- Our processes are transparent and you control the decision making throughout
- Operates to the highest moral and ethical standards
- Are vetted & insured
- Are filtered to your requirements
- Are ranked by their performance
- Provide a minimum 12 month guarantee for materials and workmanship
- Work to our Code of Conduct
- Performance is monitored and reported on by our customers
Our commitment and support to local communities is unprecedented.
- 25% of our profit goes back into supporting local communities.
Collectively our membership represents a tremendous community based resource, so:
- We assist and encourage our membership to engage with local community groups
- We act as an intermediary between local community organisations and our membership
Builder & Trades Benefits
- You have nothing to lose by joining - no sign up fee or on-going subscription
- For one off call outs and jobs under £1,000 OUR SERVICE IS COMPLETELY FREE!
- We provide work opportunities in your community
- We market your business and your competencies
- Customers search and select you for your competency and not an inappropriately early consideration of price
- You will not be in competition with 'cowboy' builders
- Our fees are entirely results driven. You will only incur an agreed fee following connection with a genuine customer and for jobs / projects that go ahead.
- Builders / Trades register here
Our Mission Statement
- To be the website of choice for people and businesses seeking competent builders and tradespeople in their community
- To promote competent builders and tradespeople, whilst protecting the interests of customers
- To support and help strengthen local communities
'The Connection Issue'
"My knowledge of the building industry spans four decades, from labouring on site to managing multi-million pound construction projects in recent years. I have learned from centuries of experience by listening and working closely with trades people, company directors, professionals, academics and customers alike".
"I am conscious of the difficulties faced by people trying to connect with competent local builders. To date, any industry wide solution has failed to emerge. My hope is that Builders In Your Community, with its local commitment and focus, will successfully address this 'connection issue'".
Builders In Your Community Managing Director and founder - Joe Teakle.